MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, March 10, 2014

Teach to Improve

I must have just realized that I am the American missionary with the most time in the mission. And it's been that way for 3 months now. An interesting thought. How time passes and the mission gets passed into new hands. But, I'm still alive and kicking. :P Although sometimes you do start to feel like a very old man. But I help where I can. Life in a small branch does get tiring, and sometimes the success seems low, but we always try to look instead for something that we can improve. I still lead the hymns, but maybe this week we'll teach someone how to do it. We worked on teaching Maribel (Brando's mom) to cut hair today. I felt, maybe just a little bit, the satisfaction that God must have when he teaches us to do something. Maribel cut the hair of 3 of us and it was like I did it, without hands! But that Maribel had taken what she had learned from me and had been able to do something productive. 

Sorry, kinda ran out of time. We went to a wedding of one of our investigators. Brando's cousin. She is 16. And we randomly ran into a domestic squirrel. But, we keep on working.

Teach someone something this week.

Love you all,
Elder Andrews
Maribel (Brando's mom) cutting Elder Andrews' hair. 
Elder Andrews with a domesticated squirrel.

No comments: