MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, February 17, 2014

Micro waves

On trivial news, the whole mission upgraded to get microwaves and so now we don't cook on an electric grill. Truth is, I didn't even need the electric grill to make my fiber cereal, but it is a nice new touch to get to make popcorn again.

But, on a more spiritual aspect, I'd like to talk about our own micro waves. I hope to change the way all of you constantly think and act as you let even the most common things in your house testify to you of the truth.

So, to set the stage even a little bit more, I will share with you a few experiences that come to mind as to make my point.

Many times I have talked to people that obviously do not want to talk to me. It is interesting how it all works out, but it is what it is. Each person gives off their own tip, their own "micro wave" if you will that you can perceive by the Spirit.  For example, if you are talking to someone and they refuse to look you in the eye would be a "micro wave" to show that they really aren't interested. I usually keep talking to help them at least get enough confidence to tell me to go away. Haha. If I can't help them in the gospel I might as well help them to become more self-reliant, right?

In the past week we noticed that Brando was a little off. The "micro waves" he gave off were slight and he never told us his problem although we are close friends. He was always with us as he goes out to visit with us for an hour or two every other day, but you could tell that his Spirit was not there, His "micro waves" included randomly having to leave to do something else and not looking us in the eye too much. In general being more quiet.

There are many investigators that we have that actually give off good "micro waves" and show sincere interest, but when it comes time for us to actually have a teaching appointment, their macro waves say something else as they are sometimes not home.

What is a microwave? You'd have to ask my dad to know specifics, but most of us can know that somehow it sends little waves (microscopic you could even say) of light or energy to heat up or prepare really any type of food. The general idea at least.

So, I would ask each one of you, what are your personal micro waves that you send off?

Your personal "micro waves" could include simply being obedient to what the Lord says. Sometimes it is important to see the "micro waves" the Lord send you, to decide how you can bounce them back at others. Seek inspiration through personal prayer and scripture study so that you too can be a "microwave".

With love,
Elder Andrews

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, being exceedingly young, nevertheless being large in stature, and also having great desires to know of the mysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did visit me, and did soften my heart that I did believe all the words which had been spoken by my father; wherefore, I did not rebel against him like unto my brothers. (1 Nephi 2:16)

But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. (Luke 22:32)

No comments: