MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, February 24, 2014

Eldor Andrews and the Lord of the Key Ring


This week I got a little sick. Who knows really what it was. Maybe it was my famous PB&J's. 


Peanut Butter. It all started when I opened...or thought I was going to open... my peanut butter. Turns out someone in the store opened it half way and took a scoop of penut butter out with their finger. I can't blame the other missionary for not checking, cause I wouldn't have, but that's the last time that I ask another missionary to buy peanut butter for me (it does not exist here in Candelaria). 

Strawberry Jelly. I have always bought the same jelly. They only sell strawberry, so that's what I normally end up buying. I have bought it so many times I wouldn't think much about it, but this time as I finished up the bottle I found at the bottom a deformed, rusty, key-ring.

What could go wrong then with my bread? Wouldn't it be more normal to just have moldy bread? But, beggers can't be choosers. Just interesting that two things so odd could have happened in the same week. So, I unded up with a stomach infection. To save some time explaining, I have attached a photo of the test results that show what would be normal, and then the actual result that they got from me. I slept almost 3 complete days do to the anti-biotics. 

But, things are going really well. Brando got the Aaronic Priesthood this last Sunday, and his mother even assisted with him again. This next week will be interesting as we will be getting a visit from the 2nd counselor in the Presidency of Area Mexico. So, we'll be pretty much everywhere except for Candelaria in this week. Haha. But somehow we'll get some work done.

Keep on going on,
Elder Andrews

Oh yeah, and on my test results they mispelled my name and put "Eldor" instead of "Elder" and it kinda stuck since my scruff was coming in as I didn't wake up unless it was to take a pill for a few days. Sounds kinda like an elf. 

I'm fine now though. Thanks. 

Notes: Caleb is clearly getting used to Spanish. When he says "assisted" this is Spanglish from the verb asistir meaning "to attend". Another instance is how he says the "Presidency of Area Mexico" based on the sentence structure in Spanish.





No comments: