MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, July 22, 2013

Insurgentes

So, now that I am back and have a little bit of time I'll let you all know what's up. I got transferred here to Barrio Insurgentes here in Zona Mina-Tec. My area is much much smaller than the last. Which you could guess because I can from the largest in the mission. I can walk from one extreme of my area to the other in about 10 mintues. Also, it is my first area with a church. It is a Stake Center and it is a building of two stories.

My companion´s name is Elder Rangel. He is a few transfers older than I am. So it is really nice to be teaching where both have experience since I was going to train this transfer, but the Lord had other plans. So, since we are one of the companionships with a bit more experience we help the other ones to catch up a little bit. The Zone here is way small. It's just like Carmen--everyone is really close to each other. The only downside is that there isn't a beach in our Zone and the garbage truck doesn't have a set day or time. But we cleaned out our house and were able to send off the trash as well this last week. What a miracle.

The area is great. We have an assistance of about 60 which is pretty sad, but means that there is lots of work to be done. The work is the same, the people are different. There will always be people to try to help. But it would help if they tried to understand that is all we want, to help. The hardest part of missionary work is finding someone who wants to hear you. After that, the truth teaches itself. 

So, in this week, take a look at why you go to Church. Sometimes we get lost in WHO has the truth and we lose sight of why it all matters. I invite all of you to look more into the Plan of Salvation--a plan that is only taught by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This plan is why you are here. This plan is why you should believe in Christ. This plan is why you should not only want, but honestly exert yourself to be a better person. 

Let each of us pray for more desires to improve. 

I love you all. Love yourselves with personal respect and dignity for yourself and others.

Elder Andrews

I had to leave my family in Mercedes to come here to Mina and fulfill the Lord's call. Leaving them was hard. I would hope that everything I do would only increase their faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ. Do you have someone that is watching you? Don't let them down. Always raise others up whether it be through word or example. One of the most interesting things I have learned is that you can let others down by letting yourself down first. Don't let that happen. Aim high.

Notes: "assistance" is a Spanglish word for attendance. He is referring to Sacrament Meeting attendance averaging 60 people each week.

Elder Andrews' "Family" from Las Mercedes.

No comments: