MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, May 6, 2013

Whoops

Whoops, I forgot to write a big email. I was busy talking to my mom. You know, Mother's Day is coming up now... About that actually. For the past month or so I've asked various members when Mother's Day is. Apparently here in Mexico it is every May 10th. Which would be this Friday. But from what I remembered Mother's Day was really on a fixed Sunday... Long story short, I kept asking. And I kept getting the same response. Then I come and get emails talking about Mother's Day on Sunday. Who even knows what day it is. I'm so lost. I feel like I'm reading that book-- Are You My Mother? I always loved that book. 

To keep you a bit informed we are working with Julio more again. He is saving for his mission and for that has been working still and not coming to church for over a month. So, we have been practicing waking him up each day--since his last excuse was that he works at night and can't wake up. We went to pick him up for church yesterday and he wasn't ready! He promised he'd meet us there but then didn't have money for the bus to get there. We saw him again today. It's sad when you see people throwing away their potential. What's worse is when you know that they know it as well. Don't be that person. If you are that person, you can always change. Be like Julio. Cause don't worry, he'll be coming to church next week! I love you mom. Give your mom a hug. Dad, you'll have to wait a month. You have your own fixed day here in Mexico too even! How nice.

Elder Andrews

No comments: