MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Day After

Of course everything that you actually might want to know happens the day after the call. You all know that. Yes, it is not the same after the phone call. I felt bad, not for being homesick, but because I felt like I hardly knew any of you and didn't miss you like I felt I should. But it's whatever. 

I really don't even have time to tell you all what has been going on. Long story short, I got called to Villahermosa to have some interviews with the President. A little odd since it was just me and Elder Cabral going to the offices, but not all that odd since the President always has interviews every 3 months at least (and our three months were up). But he usually comes to you and files through all the missionaries in one shot. Long story short, there are some major changes in the mission and he called on me and Elder Cabral.

We have 2 weeks left in the transfer, but there are transfers and not just a few. Elder Cabral is getting sent away. But to where? To Ciudad del Carmen. Barrio (Ward) Universidad. That's right, where I came from. But, that left a whole here with me. So who was coming with me? Well, President Castañeda asked if I was willing to stay here in Mercedes for the next 4 months. I said I would if that is what he wanted.

Well, I don't have much time to really tell the story. But here is what I sent to my mother:

"President called me into the offices today (about 2 hours ago) and told me that I was to be District Leader. I am the youngest in age as well as in time in the mission. President will also be sending me sister missionaries. I've got a lot of things to get myself ready for me because both the assistants have already asked me if I would be willing to train here. And today President told me I should be ready to stay for the next 4 months should I be willing."

Soo, there are a lot of more responsibilites that I get to take on starting now that I wasn't exactly planning for. I have to get everyone here safely and start getting some things together. Elder Cabral leaves early in the morning. 

Check the blog in a few days if you want to see some video of the thunderstorm that woke us up at 2 AM and wouldn't let us sleep. No wonder  the connection yesterday was bad.

Love you all, 
Talk to you more later.

Good [luck] to my journal writing...

Elder Andrews

No comments: