MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, December 10, 2012

Head Strong

Friends and Family,

This week has been a bumpy one. I attached a picture of our "weekly planning". It's the one of what has become famous on the island (at least for the missionaries)--the largest first aid kit there is. It just might be larger than the ones they use on the platforms. And unfortunately I haven't had much use of it. But, I still have a year and a half of bump, bruises, and sicknesses to put it to good use. I've found that as a missionary there is always something wrong with your health. But, that's where you learn to just keep on going in spite of it. 

Elder Pack has helped me pick up the pace here on the island. We worked hard to get a Family Home Evening set up for Mario and his family with some active families in the ward. Everyone sacrificed a lot to make it happen. One father drove 3 hours in from Villa that night because he promised a few days before he'd help give the lesson (commendable anywhere, but even moreso here.) Mario and his brother Franklin were there in there house across the street, but didn't feel like coming to the activity the knew had been specifically planned for them and agreed to by them. Then my fever kicked in more and I started shivering as if I were laying in snow. It was lame cause I knew it was hot outside. 

Karen is our most promising prospect, and she just might have ADHD. We were teaching her a lesson and she got up and left right in the middle of it all. She came back about 5 minutes later eating jello. 

The mission life is a lot of run around, and hopefully I am keeping up well enough. Until next week, I hope you all fair well. Sorry I kinda forgot about your birthday last week Dad. I wrote it in my journal though...

Love you all,
Elder Andrews

Notes: Caleb's reference to the "platforms" means the oil platforms.

"Weekly planning" with the mission's largest first aid kit.

Elder Pack with snowball?

Elder Andrews en las mejores fiestas (at the best parties).

No comments: