MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, May 5, 2014

Meet the Family

So, I'm off quick to set the example to my son, but here's the family:

Elder Rime to the left.
Me in middle and,
Elder Hernandez on the right.

He is from Cancún. Wow! He is already a better missionary than I am, but I still try to teach him things here and there. He is way excited and is learning Spanish fast! :P

I learn things every day from him and realize that everything I do bad he tends to copy. It's funny how you learn more while teaching, but its a higher responsibility and I wouldn't have it any other way. I honestly do love it when if something goes wrong it is my fault, cause that means it's always up to me to help make it better as well.

As I went to pick up my new son, I saw 2 more missionaries get sent home early. There is absolutely nothing I detest more than having to see a missionary go home early. It is THE worst thing that has happened to me in the mission. Above all else. In that moment you wish there is something that you could do, but many times it is left to the fact that they didn't help themselves. So I would invite each one of us to always seek to progress; that we may never fall behind. May we each be obedient to all the Lord's commandments and search diligently the scriptures to be able to follow the path ahead of us.

With love and prisa,
Elder Andrews

Notes:

"Son" refers to a missionary that an elder trains. Elder Rime and Elder Hernandez are Elder Andrews' "sons" in this way.

Translation:

prisa = hurry, rush

Elder Rime, Elder Andrews, and Elder Hernandez.

No comments: