MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, April 21, 2014

Faith, Consistency, Leadership

In my personal study this morning I opened up to D&C 42 and began to read where I had left off in my studies. I read on to see many types of miracles that are wrought by faith and the priesthood, but what seemed even more miraculous to me, is what comes after:

52 And they who have not faith to do these things, but believe in me, have power to become my sons; and inasmuch as they break not my laws thou shalt bear their infirmities.

53 Thou shalt stand in the place of thy stewardship.

Too often do we work at something for a while and after not seeing the desired results, we give up. I have found this to be true in my short service to the Lord, and so I would offer this thought from the Lord.

Let us not be worn down by those who just can't seem to get things right, lest we ourselves become like unto them. But rather, may we stand firm in the place the Lord has appointed us and reflect his light onto those who need His help.

Elder Andrews

No comments: