MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, January 20, 2014

Getting Creative

A year and a half into the mission and although the people always change, their reactions somehow seem to stay the same. So we always look for a few ways to change it up a bit. Anyway you can get the people to pay attention a little bit more. 

We're having a good time balancing out how we work with the different people we find ourselves with. Elder Segura is funny because he is whiter than me, so sometimes people think he is from the United States as well. I love how much I am learning in the mission.

This week I learned how to peel an orange with a butcher's knife.
Taught myself how to make a house of cards (interesting story with the Church of Christ)
And I started cutting people's hair(s) with scissors as well instead of just with the machine.

The part I love most of being a missionary is seeing the gospel in action. We helped Brando clean up the local high school where he works as the landscaper. The first time I touched a lawn mower in a long time. I missed it. But, it didn't handle me too well since I bent the blade. It's interesting cutting grass in Mexican swamp. Haha. But we were able to get it almost back to normal. 

May the Lord bless each of you as you bless each other.

Elder Andrews

Elder Andrews with his house of cards teaching aid.
Elder Andrews peeling an orange with a butcher knife

No comments: