MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, September 16, 2013

Mountains to Climb

No mom, I am alive. There have been a few "hurricanes" that have passed through here in Minatitlan and Weather Alerts and all. But nothing nearly as bad as normal rain season in Villahermosa. I live on the second story of a really secure apartment complex, so we don't have any problems with flooding. Also we live in one of the highest parts of Mina, so its all good. The worst that has happened is that the roof leaks a little and in one of my first nights here it wet my bed. But its all good. I've been blessed with some really great houses here in Mexico. They are small, but I don't like to carry many things either, so it all matches up. The streets almost always flood. But the heat trumps the humidity so your pants dry quickly. I always carry my rain coat with me. I really only use it to keep my backpack dry. It's the most important. 

Things are great. This week I lost my voice. I didn't even get sick, just lost my voice. It might have been for going on divisions with a new Elder and having to talk the more part of the day. He accidentally told someone we were missionaries from another church. Then he just sat and listened to some lady tell us how she had seen Jesus when she went shopping. It is what it is. After meeting up with Elder Rangel again one lady asked if I had just gotten to Mexico because I hardly talked and talked funny. Ouch.

It was the least of problems though. In the mission I have had many opportunities to grow. I am thankful for them. I have become a better person because of what I have lived. And so I encourage each of you to do the same. Live that you might learn. We will never live a moment impossible to learn.

D&C 112:13
1 Nephi 20:10
And from what my dad shared with me at the very beginning of my mission:
Mosiah 24:14

I will be here to share this message with everyone I meet here in Mexico for the next 10 months. And then my work continues in wherever else I might be afterwards. May we all try to lift others burdens and help them find the happiness that abounds in knowing of God's plan for each one of us.

Elder Andrews

P.S. This week went well. I really can't complain. But it may not have gone so well for the rest of you, and if that be the case, please watch this video:


No comments: