MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Protect Yourself

This week we were fascilitating transfers, helping everyone get to their areas and get situated, and then a lot of meetings with the Stake and Ward. Which, surprisingly, did not really take hardly any time. 

It was a rough week. I still had quite a bit of time to lose 10 investigators and a baptismal date. And after a week so rough, I thought to myself, why? I couldn't find anyone to blame but myself. But what was wrong about me? I had made it a personal goal to take out my scriptures in each lesson at an attempt to use them more. It helped me realize that people hate to read when one of them said, ¨No, not the scriptures!¨Haha. He didn't even know he was killing my personal goal. So, what did I learn? People here don't have the habit to read. So, you have to teach a little better. So we started using all the materials we have. Including DVD's and pictures and games. And we are seeing a lot more results with that. 

But I've got a few things to finish up. I cut a less active member's hair in exchange for him to come visit some people with us. He's honestly a great member, and probably would have gone out with us for free, but he needed a haircut and I wanted more practice. He's got a strong testimony.

The spider was behind the mosquito net in our shower. It's pretty big. I sprayed it with bug killer on four different occasions. But it never died and eventually ran away. 

But, I hope all is well with you all.

Take care,
Elder Andrews



No comments: