MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, August 12, 2013

Area Book

This week everyone in the Zone got sick--except my companion and me. Literally everyone. It's because we took our pills this week to kill all the bugs and parasites that we have gotten over the last six months. But that is that, I've been surprisingly, one of the healthy lot this go round.
 
Anyway, a lot of our focus in this last week was to focus and make sure we do the Little things right. Something that has worried me a lot here in this área for some reason is that all the work I do might be lost--all for nothing. President Castañeda would put the example of our work as a house, that we are painting blue and when another set of missionaries show up they decide to paint the house red and start over again. So, I can't really control what happens after I leave, but Elder Rangel and I decided we know how much help we can be to those who follow us in how much they know. So, it is important for you to know that as missionaries, in each área you will find an área book that contains a registry of everything that has been done in the área before you (or at least it should). And sadly, it is neglected because it is easy just not to do or to forget with the many other things there are to do. But, we've decided to try to put everything we can find--all the information we can get--into this área book (originally, I thought, to help others after I had been long gone). But, in this process I realized I may just have helped myself more than the information ever helps anyone else. It really helps us keep track of what we are doing more efectively. Helps us be more true to the work we are ding each day as well, because if you really can't write anything in it at the end of the day, you really didn't do anything. Thankfully that hasn't happened to me yet. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for my journal writing sometimes. :P
 
Anyway, so I'll tell you a Little bit about our investigators. We don't have many. When I got here they had a family that since has not come to Church. They are great and good friends of ours, but they just don't seem to want anything if they keep having troubles going to Church, so this week we dropped them.
 
We are also teaching a 17-year-old girl named Jocelin. She has already accepted baptism with us which is great, except since we just had Stake Conference this last week and the Stake Presidency got changed we haven't been able to set a date, but she is excited to be baptized. She has come a long way, since the majority of her family is Catholic. Her Aunt are members and her Uncle was baptized Young but has never really gone to church, but he is one of my best friends. His name is Blino and he goes all over Mexico because he is high up in one of the prominent parties of government, How important I'm not sure. I understand all his Spanish, its just that I am mainly clueless when it comes to the politics--even more here in Mexico.
 
We are also teaching another Catholic family--mainly Ivette (22) and her mom Leticia(51). They are super receptive and now have the Plan of Salvation memorized. We'll continue working with the whole family and hope for the best.
 
Anyway, time is always short. Make the most of what you have.
 
Take care of yourselves,
Elder Andrews

No comments: