MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, June 10, 2013

Never Enough Time

There is just never enough time to tell you everything that has been happening.

I'm pretty sure I forgot to tell you about Oscar and his family. We started teaching him and his wife about two weeks ago. At the end of this last week we finally united the family and are teaching the whole family of five. We are starting English classes in there house in about 20 mintues from now where we will get to meet the rest of their family. By that, I mean the rest of their family. When we found them we were wandering where no (Mormon) missionary had been before. They were a reference of a reference of a less active convert. They happen to live on a ranch hidden behind our house a ways with about 100 of their relatives that, up to this point are very open to the gospel. Oscar has already met with missionaries of practically every other church you could think of because he has been looking for the true church for about 2 years. So, wish us luck.

About the Hernandez Family. We have EARNESTLY been trying to help them as much as we can, but to no avail. I call nearly two times a week, with no success. This week when we went to the waterfalls (close to where the family lives) I ran into Elder Hernandez' dad! He bought me, my companion, and the sister missionaries drinks. (attatched photo below). So, we're working with what we've got there. 

Here is a photo of my hammock. It looks a lot better here. The Royal Blue and Turquoise kind of ran together. But I think it looks like the Little Mermaid colors. So, I learn to love it for what it is. Who cares, it sleeps well. 

Also, I took a sweet picture so that you could all use it as your background on your computers. It is pretty sweet. 

Mom, today to get to the waterfalls we crossed a shaky metal bridge (about 300 yards long) it didn't have guardrails because they were just making it. Why? Because it recently fell down. It was fun to cross even though I will admit I am a little scared of heights. Especially when you jump over random holes or the metal moves below you. But, I'm alive. I even took video for a while until I got to the middle where it shook a bit more.

I'll have something more spiritual to share later.

Also, a few weeks ago I had my first baptismal interviews. Both of them left crying, which scared the Elders who taught them because they thought I made them cry, but they were crying because they were happy, so no worries. They both got baptized about a week ago. Real good people.

Love you all,
Elder Andrews

Elder Andrews in his hammock.
Everyone's new desktop background.
Elder Andrews with Hermano Gonzalez.

No comments: