MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, June 24, 2013

Meet My Family: The Rodriguez Family

I'm sure I have mentioned Oscar and his family before. They are the miracle family we have been teaching. They couldn't make it to church this week since some family came to town, but they did watch the broadcast with us. It was pretty cool to have them there for that. We are working in the Book of Mormon with them and we are going to go over Lehi's Dream tonight accompanied by the Stake President and his family. It raining really hard right now which will make things interesting. 

Life is a journey. We haven't had water in our house for a while now and our clothes are on top of a member's roof. Pray for miracles I suppose. But it's all good. We're enjoying what we can and laughing it off. Tomorrow we are going to Zone Conference where we will say goodbye to Pres. Castañeda since President Morales will get here Saturday. 

Not a whole lot has changed here. Except we are getting ready to send two more missionaries off in the coming months which will make it 5 from this ward. Insane. None of them are my converts, so I can't say I really did anything, but they chill with us a lot, so that's cool. Elder Sanchez likes it because while they aren't looking he passes the food he doesn't like to their plates. Haha. 

But we are working hard and having fun. But I gotta run to teach my English class. We have about 20 kids eager to see us 3 times a week. 

Love you all,
Elder Andrews

P.S. Finished the Triple-Combination in Spanish for the first time (in any language I believe). I did it so that I knew what was there. Or maybe to say I had read it. But it is not the same as true dilligent study. Get more out of your studies. Don't just read. Now all that is missing is the great stories of the Old Testament. Stay strong.


No comments: