MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, May 27, 2013

Sí, todos estaban desnudos.

This week, I'll just shortly share with you what President Castañeda shared with me when he asked me to be a District Leader. To sum it up shortly, he told me that he would be sending me seeds and I had to grow them so that they could go be tree somewhere else. (Of course it sounded cooler in Spanish). The point is, my District is to be a learning one. That was made even more apparent when I got the transfers in this morning. The new Elder and the two sisters to be coming tomorrow, well, if you sum together all 3 the time that they have collectively, it does not add up to mine. Extra sad when you realize that I still don't even have a year in the mission. To give you an idea of why, one of the sister missionaries that is coming just got done training. But, when I say that I mean she finished her training with another sister that was training herself as well. Haha. There are so many sister missionaries coming into the field right now that there are not enough trainers. Keep in mind that for my first six months here we had 8 sister missionaries. So, its a blessing I have Elder Sanchez to help them gain experience quick. It is nice to have sisters though because as a District Leader you have to make phone calls every night and since they are sisters, well I don't call them. There are now sister missionary leaders of some sort. So I pretty much just switched to middie if we were playing lacrosse. I'm just the ball taxi that feeds the numbers to the Zone Leaders. But I also get to plan the District Activities (never had one until the week I became District Leader). We have some plans to go visit some Waterfalls. Should be pretty sweet. 

Anyway, coming into the mission I thought it would be cooler to not be a leader just to be able to focus on your area and nothing else, but President explained that to me in a better way. He explained it using a Bishop (District Leader) and a Stake President (Zone Leaders), but you could really use it for any type of rank that you wanted. He explained what I would be doing and how I needed to help the other missionaries grow. He said that the whole process is about growth. That it was about my growth as well. He said that when I train every missionary to leave my District ready to be a District Leader, I would be ready to become a Zone Leader and so on. 

This point struck me harder when reading in Alma 43:19-21 -- something I had actually already come across. Saying that Moroni had prepared his people (the nephites) whereas only the leaders had been ready and prepared for the lamanites. The rest were all naked. :P See the result in verse 21. Point is, we aren't naked in my district. And don't worry mom, my clothes are clean!

Well, gotta run.

Take care of yourselves.
Elder Andrews

Elder Andrews' District

No comments: