MEXICO VILLAHERMOSA MISSION -- JULY 2012 - 2014
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, March 11, 2013

Running Around

I had some really cool stuff to share with you this week, but I forgot most of it. Sorry.

To start off, I'm now with Elder Cabral. He is a good companion and we get along pretty well. His English is terrible. We're getting there. It's funny when his pronunciation is so bad that he starts saying profanities on accident. We're learning more carefully about when to pracitce English--not that anyone here would understand it. Elder Cabral surprisingly is still pretty shy even after a year and a half in the mission. I'm convinced that if I didn't look at him for a whole lesson he just wouldn't say a thing. He's not lost, just goes a little slower. But, the best thing is that we get along and are working well together.

As for my health, well, many keep asking me. My health is doing fine. Don't worry. In fact, we are finding out daily more ways to help what I have. Or, what I may actually have. Just putting my whole entire medical history in order. It's funny because since there is so much wrong with me, the Bishop, Elder Deem and I would just joke that I have cancer (which, yes, there is a real risk for, but not likely). Long story short, two Sundays ago as Elder Deem was saying goodbye to everyone he would occassionally mention to some members to make sure to take care of my cancer. The Stake President's wife overheard that and got scared for me. (The Stake President lives in my ward and we are already pretty tight). Long story short, she thought I really had cancer and had Stake President Jimenez take me for an ultrasound. I'm glad I will never be pregnant cause those things are cold. I don't have cancer. I do have some other cool problems and a picture of my stomach though. While we were there the Stake President figured why not and got one too. He also has some of my problems. So we're even closer now.

That day I was still limping. Pretty bad. But, now, after a few adjustments, I don't limp. It is something else. In fact, to make sure Elder Cabral is awake and ready, while we are walking I just start to run. (He walks slower than me, and I have arthritis.) He just looks at me, decides he has nothing better to do I suppose and just chases after me until we get to wherever I decide to stop.

About that. It's nice that I'm healing such because there are certain times in missionary work when you need your health. This Sunday was one. We passed by with an investigator to take her to a member's house to get a ride to church. She informed us she wasn't going anymore. (This is Delfina, Julio's mom). She said she didn't want to go because she didn't have a dress. Lame excuse, right? There is always another underlying problem though. So, after questioning her even more she said that that really was her reason. At that point, I cut off our conversation and said we'd be right back. Then, Elder Cabral and I ran 20 minutes to a member's house her size (the best I could tell) to retrieve a dress. Guess what. She went to Church. All because I could run.

Also, with the new transfer starting up, new missionaries came. We had Zone Class and there are only 4 gringos in the Zone of 19. I think I have the most time in the mission of all the gringos too. Point is, there was a new Elder who came up to me and started talking to me like we knew each other for a while. Started asking about my foot and everything. It all seemed a little strange. Apparently he's been keeping up reading the blog. He said the mission seemed rough. Haha. The transition still hit him pretty hard even after knowing all of the details of my mission. So, just know that you don't get the full effect. And I'll try to be more careful about what I share with you kids.

So, for now, I'll just say, it's amazing.

Love you all,
Elder Andrews

Take a moment to watch it:
Padre Terrenal, Padre Celestial (Earthly Father, Heavenly Father)

No comments: